Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Martabak Manis a.k.a Terang Bulan

What you need:
- 1/2 kg flours (I used farina tipo "00", I think I used a bit less than 1/2 kg though, since the bowl was small >.>)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 7 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder (didnt have it though ;P)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 650 ml water (I just used around 500 ml though, seems it was already watery)
- some toppings : sugar, nutella, peanut butter, chocolate rice, raisins, condensed milk, cheese, etc ;D
- some butter to spread

How :
I have no mixer, so I did it all by hand, but I guess using a mixer would've made the batter rise better.
beat the eggs, pour them in the bowl of everything other than the water :D
mix them well, add the water gradually. Leave it for 1 hour.
For a serving, take 300 ml of the batter, add 1/4 tsp baking powder, mix it well.
Heat the teflon pan (for 15 mins the recipe said), then lower the heat, put some butter, and pour the batter. Sprinkle some sugar on top of it, wait until holes shown in its surface, close the pan until its cooked.

When it's done, spread some butter on top of it, then add any topping you like, fold it into two then cut it as u like. yumm ;D



My version was a fale though, I guess it didn't rise well. But, it was yumm nevertheless ;P

Recipe taken from here

2 comments:

Ismail Habib said...

slurpppp =P~

lite said...

ihh habib ;P
dikau pamer linds bikin puding roti kapan itu gw jadi pngennnnnnnnnn T_T
tapi sini susah cari roti tawar halal, huhuhuhu T___T