Sunday, December 27, 2009

Tiramisu


I just found out that I did not remember the recipe I used to use to make tiramisu.
Today I made one using this recipe which resulted as good as I always remember ;)

Ingredients:
- 1,5 cup of coffee, brewed in moka. About 3 times brewing using my moka size. Add 2 tsp of sugar once it's done.
I used decaf lavazza deka, the only coffee I have at home that I keep specially to make tiramisu xD
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 500 gr mascarpone cheese
- 26 savoiardi (lady finger cookies), I found my pan can only hold perfectly this number of savoiardi in two layers :D

How to:
- Beat the egg yolks with hand mixer until it's quite thick
- Add sugar, continue beating until the sugar dissolved.
- Bring 1 huge pot of water into boil. Turn off the heat, put the mixing bowl on top of the pot, touching the water but not the pot itself, continue until it gets thicker and start to have small bubbles.
- Leave it for awhile to cool, add mascarpone
- Beat on low speed just for few seconds until the mascarpone is incorporated.

Layering:
- Dip each of the savoiardi in the coffee (should be in room temperature by now), turning around once, not longer than 1 second for both.
- Arrange the savoiardi into the tiramisu pan making a layer.
- Spread the mascarpone+egg mixture on top of it, repeat.
- Sift chocolate powder on top of the finished topmost layer, cover the pan with cling wrap, leave it in the fridge for few hours before consuming it.

No comments: